Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I Am Who I Am" You Can't Change God

Exodus 3:13-14 NIV
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' THen what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM."


Who is God to you?
Do you let Him lead your way in your life? Or do you tell Him how to lead your life how you want it?

You can't change God. He is a never changing, eternal God. You can't tell Him what to do in your life. You can't mash Him into your own mold. To truly know Him, you have to accept Him for who He is, just like He accepts you however you come to Him. You can't just erase or cut out the parts of God you don't like, it doesn't work that way. That is not only discrediting Him for the God that He is, but it is also cheating yourself of what He is trying to provide you. You'll see that He is better just how He is, than any god you could make Him to be. If you just open up to Him and ask Him to lead the way and show you His glory and majesty, you'll understand how much better He is than you trying to tell Him how you want Him to be. 
We are supposed to live life for what it's worth, and the only way to do that is let God be God.

Final Thought: Why are you trying to make God different? What is holding you back? Learn to let go. He has your best interest at heart, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment