Friday, December 7, 2012

Jesus Calling Dec 7th

Today's devotion really spoke to me as a whole; like I've done in the past, today I wish to share with you the whole thing for you to read for yourself.
This definitely describes a lot of my days, and I'm sure that is true for a lot of us. We often forget that God is with us even while we are doing the dishes, taking the trash out, doing our work, eating, sleeping, watching tv; He is always right there. He knows every last think about us and nothing goes unnoticed by Him.

"I am with you in all that you do, even in the most menial task. I am always aware of you, concerned with every detail of your life. Nothing escapes My notice -- not even the number of hairs on your head. However, your awareness of My Presence falters and flickers; as a result, your life experience feels fragmented. When your focus is broad enough to include Me in your thoughts, you feel safe and complete. When your perception narrows so that problems or details fill your consciousness, you feel empty and incomplete. 
Learn to look steadily at Me in all your moments and all your circumstances. Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of my Presence. Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before your eyes" (Young 358).

Hebrews 11:27 (NLT)
It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible.

2 Corinthians 4:18 (NLT)
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love this book and try to read it daily but missed yesterday.

    ReplyDelete