Wednesday, February 13, 2013

He Will Always Love Us


John 15:9-17 (NLT)
“I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other.

That verse sums up a lot of the point of the devotion I read in Abundant Life today. Sometimes we wonder why we struggle or bad things happen to good people. "When the circumstances of your life tempt you to question my love for you, you must remember that I do not demonstrate my love by orchestrating your personal world in such a way that you can avoid suffering." (Nancy Guthrie, Feb 13) Yes you will have the best life possible with God, but no, not everything will be just perfect, fine, and dandy. You have to go through some hard times in your life to learn things and to get where God wants you to be. 
He loves us, He has loved us ever since the beginning of time. He didn't have to love us, He chose to love us. We are little people in this world, He is a great and powerful God; He could of chosen to do other things with His power over simply loving us, but He didn't, because that is not who He is. He is a God of infinite grace and love overflowing into our lives. He will never stop loving you. We need to be more grateful for that. Every morning when you wake up, trying saying something along the lines of "Thank you God for this new day! Thank you for loving me no matter what! Please bless this day, so that it may be something with you, instead of me on my own with nothing."

Final Thought: Don't ever forget or think that God doesn't love you. He will never ever stop loving you. Just because we have to suffer sometimes doesn't mean He has stopped loving us or spited us, it's all part of God's glorious plan! 
Take that love and show other people! Love other people! Share the love of God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment