Saturday, March 9, 2013

Jesus Calling March 9th Rest in Him

I hate using school as an excuse to not write on my blog, but I have been so incredibly busy lately that I've barely had time to just sit down and breathe. 
This devotion in "Jesus Calling" is so perfect for today, the first day of spring break! It's all about rest and satisfaction. We are to seek that in God and not worldly pleasures or things. This past week for me the world seemed to be spinning so fast that I could not take it. But every time I made time for God I felt relieved of my responsibilities. I just didn't feel the rush to get things done. I just slowed down. God reminded me that I am to turn to Him and put Him at the center of my life all the time, especially when I am super busy.
Galatians 5:22 NLT
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness
1 John 4:12 NLT
No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

1 comment: