Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 2013

I have gotten into a short term habit here not blogging everyday. I got really busy with the week before Spring Break, then I was lazy over Spring Break, and now here I am.

Blogging is an interesting thing, I mean how it works. Well for me anyways.
It's neat really. (And I've been slacking.)
What it does for me:
In the mornings I read my devotion, well devotions. I started reading Jesus Calling along with Abundant Life shortly after the year started. I sorta just realized that even though I love Abundant Life and it has been great, I just have to read Jesus Calling. It always comes around on the days I need it most. Its just totally the most amazing things how it just always relates.
Abundant Life does the same thing in a different kind of way. It often covers more topics of daily things we should practice in our faith. But Jesus Calling just doesn't get old, even though it is always talking primarily about trusting during the rough times.
Anyways, I read my devotions in the morning and pray and sit in silence. I wake up early to do that. And it has been one of the best changes I've made in my lifestyle. Sure, I still have sucky days. But I have learned to rise back up from them much quicker than I used to could do. 
After I read the devotions it helps me best to process it by writing about it. I know I'm not much of a writer or anything. I don't really like writing a whole lot, but writing helps me to connect with what I've read. A lot of days God leads me stronger in what I write than others. Sometimes I write and don't post in on my blog. I write for me about more personal things, situations, struggles, etc. When I just start writing a stream of consciousness kind of deal, it helps me to better see my thoughts and think through things. I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty poor multitasker (well technically according to some research I read about, pretty much no one can actually multitask and we are all much worse at it than we think we are.) Anyways, I have a hard time organizing my thoughts in my head and I easily lose things up there in my noggin'. So writing and blogging just really help me to process things.
And I guess that has become part of my time with God, blogging that is. And when I don't I find myself more lost than when I do. 

The Jesus Calling devotion today was just another reminder for me. God is always giving me reminders. Its pretty cool really. Different people connect with God in different ways. Me? I connect with God through other people and through just little things throughout my day. I just see God. Even when I'm not looking for Him I see Him in someone's smile or someone's kind words or in the weather and environment. God is just there and I know it. 
I'm not always good about talking directly about my faith to someone, I have to process and be prepared. I guess that is a bit of a weakness in a way. I struggle to just jump in and share things right off the bat. But I do not however struggle with showing God through my actions and interactions. I mean sometimes I fail when I'm not in good mood or just not me. (I wasn't saying I'm perfect at that, because I am totally not even close.) Just saying I think about it and sometimes I don't think about it. But I always say thank you when someone holds the door (even if they have headphones in and can't hear me.) I always say "Thank you! Have a great day!" at the checkout register and smile. I always smile at random people when they happen to look at me in passing. (I'm not bragging in anyway, just giving examples.)
That is how I live the happiest days. With God and for God and exhibiting God. Just being myself and who God made me to be.

I'm not really sure how I got to rambling, but today's Jesus Calling was just a really great reminder that everything is going to be okay no matter what. I just cannot stress enough how important it is to continue to trust Him. Praise Him in all situations. He is our strength. Without Him we are nothing.  

Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT
“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit.

Isaiah 12:2-3 NLT
See, God has come to save me.
    I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The Lord God is my strength and my song;
    he has given me victory.”
With joy you will drink deeply
    from the fountain of salvation!

Psalm 21:6 NLT
You have endowed him with eternal blessings
    and given him the joy of your presence.



No comments:

Post a Comment