Monday, March 25, 2013

Wait Patiently

I know that being patient, especially during tough and unknown times, can be really difficult. And I know that its hard to put the lives of loved ones, or your reputation in the hands of another person, but why not put it in the hands of God? What is holding you back from trusting God with it? 
I also know that sometimes it seems like it is taking forever for something to happen or get better, but God's time is totally the best. It is perfect! If you've ever experienced a great God moment, you know how awesome that is and God's perfect timing on those things. Or just hearing the right song at the right time. Or hearing the right sermon at the time you need it most. Therefore, we have to wait patiently on God. Trying to figure things out on your own or taking things into your own hands does not get you anywhere. 

Lamentations 3:24-26 NLT
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!”
The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
    to those who search for him.
So it is good to wait quietly
    for salvation from the Lord.

Isaiah 30:41 NLT
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

Psalm 16:11 NLT
You will show me the way of life,
    granting me the joy of your presence
    and the pleasures of living with you forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment