Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jesus Calling Dec 30th


A new year is about to begin…any new year's resolutions? How bout a resolution to spend x number of quiet minutes with God each day? Or perhaps starting a new devotion? Or maybe something like improving the way you treat other people or notice the unnoticed?
Whatever your resolution might be, take it seriously. Don't just let it be like 85-90% of the resolutions made by people each year. Lets be realistic, how many of you have actually fulfilled at least 1 resolution ever? A few years? Each year? I know that the most important resolution that I ever made and kept was doing this Jesus Calling Devotion every single day this year. I've never kept up with a devotion like this, and it has been one of the most helpful and radical changes I have made for myself in my life. The best change I could have made. It helps me to start the day off right. It really just changes your perspective on a whole lot of things and how you are to be living. Now that I know I can keep up with a devotion every day of the year I can't wait to start my new devotion in 2 days! It has been a truly exciting change in my life. And really this year has been a longggg year. And I've gone through some pretty tough things, but that is why God has helped me stay on track with this devotion. It was part of His plan, so that I would come to know even more how great and awesome He is! Though it has been a tough year, it was all worth the while because I have seen and experienced some of the coolest things ever! 
He is always leading us, and now He is preparing us for the new year. Grow closer to Him, and you will see the real you He made you to be come out and blossom. You will experience so many new, different, and awesome things. He will totally open your eyes if you let Him. Its all part of the journey, holding on that is, and you will one day see the benefits of it.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

1 John 4:7-8 (NLT)
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

John 15:4 (NLT)
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment