Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jesus Calling Oct 31st


"Learn to listen to Me even while you are listening to other people. As they open their souls to your scrutiny, you are on holy ground. You need the help of My Spirit to respond appropriately. Ask Him to think through you, live through you, love through you. My own Being is alive within you in the Person of the Holy Spirit. If you respond to others' needs though your unaided thought processes, you offer them dry crumbs. When the Spirit empowers your listening and speaking, My streams of living water flow through you to other people. Be a channel of My Love, Joy, and Peace by listening to Me as you listen to others," (Young 318).

Exodus 3:5 (NLT)
Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”(When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)

1 Corinthians 6:19 (NLT)
Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

John 7:38-39 (NLT)
“Do not come any closer,” the Lord warned. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground.

Today's devotion was really a smack in the face for me. I didn't read it this morning like I usually do every morning. I was too busy waking up early to get my work done. I didn't take anytime for myself so that I could just focus on God and get in the right mind set. I wasn't listening. And I got back to my room after my morning classes and I got all upset because I had to redo some work that I spent hours on. I was just pushing myself to get it done and be done with it because that is what I wanted. Yet I did not even stop to listen for God speaking to me. 
If we don't stop to listen, we could miss something very important that He wants to tell us. We are wasting energy doing our own thing without even listening to Him first so that He can lead the way.

3 comments:

  1. I too waited until 2:30 to read my devotion. I asked God to forgive me. Get caught up in TV and household projects. So glad I finally slowed down. Great words of wisdom as always. I will vow go do better. Now to digest these words and get through the rest of the day is my goal with the help of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in an Oncology Dept Access Phone Center and boy....these words really ring true. These words help me through my work day as I offer my day in gratitude to our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this devotional. Today I am starting to move into a new home, which is a blessing! I am so grateful. Moving can be a little stressful, but I know that I can have Love, Joy, and Peace as I remember to listen to the Holy Spirit, who is alive within me.

    ReplyDelete