Thursday, July 5, 2012

God is doing a new thing

Hey guys!
This is a new deal to me, this whole "blogging" thing. But I feel led by God to do so.
I have grown up in a baptist church, and I was baptized when I was 14 years old. I went to an awesome Christian camp every summer, that just did terrific things in helping me understand my faith and God and relating with other Christians. I always felt like kids made their profession of faith too early, like when they are really little and stuff. But it is really just when God calls you to do so and when you start to figure things out. From there on out, I just rolled along in life. I had my ups and downs just like everyone else. And there were times when God just really grabbed me and pulled me in. Like where I am now, I've been on a pretty close journey with God for a while. And it has been totally awesome!
I read "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young every morning. I have been doing so every morning since January 1. It is a really cool thing. I've never done any other devotion like it. And it has done totally awesome things for me. Just spending a few minutes every morning reading Jesus Calling, and reading the scripture. 
Speaking of scripture, I really love the New Living Translation (NLT). It is totally my favorite translation of the scripture. Now don't get me wrong, I like other translations, especially "The Message." That is a really cool way to put things in perspective.
Anyways, so my goal is to share my thoughts on Jesus Calling and to share scriptures and songs and anything that I feel like as often as I can!
This is a huge step in sharing with other people, and I really feel like God is leading me to do this. I will continue this as long as I feel God tells me to. Its just totally a God thing for me, and its awesome! 
Feel free to leave comments or ask questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment