Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day!


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope and pray that you are able to spend it with your families and those closest to you. What are you thankful for?
I cannot even begin to explain how thankful I am for my family, especially in this point in my life. Going to college and that whole step of "growing up" has helped my relationship with my family, especially my mom. There has been this whole transformation in my relationship with her, not only because I understand now, but because of many prayers, and fights we've fought against each other in the past, and now together against struggles in our life. I remember how there was some tension in the past, but that is all gone now, and I praise the Lord for that each and everyday! I love her so much, and am very thankful for her and for all that she has done for me in the past and now, especially on this day of thanksgiving that the Lord has given us. 

The devotion in "Jesus Calling" today, is sort of a continuation of yesterday's talking about thankfulness. Having a thankful attitude in all situations can change your view on what is going on. It will help you to see what is good and righteous in your life and what you need to get rid of. It will let you taste what Heaven will be like. Being thankful is a way of communicating love with God and with others around you. Although actions most often speak louder than words, a simple thank you to someone such as a janitor or bus driver shows that you care. 
I challenge you to notice the often unnoticed people, thank them for what they do and say something along the lines of "I hope you have a wonderful day!"
Being thankful to God is a way of praising Him and showing Him your gratitude for what He has provided and will provide for you. Be thankful in all you do!
Colossians 4:2 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NLT)
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Psalm 46:1 (NLT)
God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment