Sunday, April 14, 2013

Always Come Back to God


Psalm 119:50 NLT
Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.

God is always with you. He knows when you are going through a tough time. Jesus knows exactly how you feel. Sometimes it seems like there is no one else on earth you can turn to. That is why you have to turn to God. You will find Him in His word. There He will comfort you. He will show you the way. He will let you know it's all going to be okay. He is taking you on your life journey and you have to follow Him and not let go. God's way isn't the best way if you want the quickest way. God's way isn't the best way if you want the least painful and suffering way. God's way isn't the best way if you want the easy way. But God's way is ultimately the best and He promises you will become the best version of you if you take His way. His way has the most meaning, you learn the most lessons, and you certainly live the best life that He is offering. And if He gave you your life in the first place, why would you not want to live up to your potential and serve and praise Him the whole time?
We have to turn to the Bible when we need help. However, you can't expect to turn to the Bible read something and it be all better in a second. Time heals. God heals on His time, not yours. According to His plan, not yours. 
We also cannot just take pieces of the Bible out of context just to fit exactly what we want to hear. I don't mean that we can't hold on to certain verses of scripture during certain times of our life. I just mean that we can't twist the words because God's Word is ultimate, He provided us with it, we can't change it. It is what He fully intended for it to be. 
We have to know that through everything, we are never alone. You belong fully to Him and Satan cannot have you. God will protect you. Sure you will fall into sin (Romans 3:23 NLT "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard."), but that does not mean that God will stop holding and loving you. 
Hebrews 13:8 NLT
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

We have to go through each day searching for the little bits of Heaven that God has placed on our path. We have to hold on to those things. It could be as simple as the beautiful weather. We have to take time to enjoy those things. He puts so many opportunities in front of us and we often miss them. I know I've missed a bunch lately. I have sort of gotten wrapped up in my own life doing what I want to do when I want to do it. But that isn't how it works. And I continually realize that I'm not happy living like that without reminding myself that God is constantly there and constantly blessing me. 
This morning I asked God to open my eyes to the things that I so often miss. 
He will renew you if you let Him. There is always hope.

Hebrews 6:19 NLT
This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment